Monday, July 15, 2013

A Great New Book

I recently had the chance to read Tom Bird's new book, Write to Heal.  On first inspection it appears to be a small book, aimed only at writers who dream of finishing a book and becoming an author.  However, as I started reading, thinking to myself that I am not one of those "blocked writers", and thinking I did not need the book, I was proven very wrong.

The author has included numerous exercised aimed at relieving stress and opening our minds to the Universe and its infinite possibilities.  All of this is something I learned when taking a Bar (as in lawyer stuff, not where you drink) prep class--learning to relax to let the lessons remain in our subconscious.  However, it is more than self-hypnosis, there are exercises that will exorcise any demon lurking within your soul.

Let me explain how it affected me.  Although I am very driven, or because I am very driven, I believe in moving forward, not dwelling on the past which cannot be changed.  But, there is a danger to all that, sometimes it is the past that is the road to the future, and if we do not examine what or why we failed, we cannot go truly forward.

That said, I took the book with me to my hide-away up the Central Coast of California.  There on my favorite dock, on my favorite bay, I began some of the exercises.  It was while I was working through the forgiveness part of the exercises that I realized how much dirt, grime, and puckey was stored in my subconscious.  Tears and tears later, I staggered back to my room, somehow changed, definitely for the better.

Thus, I highly suggest the book for anyone and everyone--not just for writers.  Try it, it may change your life.

WRITE TO HEAL, by TOM BIRD.  four stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment